If you find that your garage door is not working as it should, regardless of the reason, you have three options: repair it yourself, contact a professional, or stop using this entrance for the time being. Of these options, you have to decide which one is best for you based on the problem at hand as well as your experience and knowledge regarding this area of your home.
Many homeowners attempt to fix their own garage door, thinking that the process is going to be a piece of cake. They are in a hurry to get the job done and they don’t really want to spend any money. But is this realistic?
The problems with a do it yourself repair include:
- Some repair jobs are extremely dangerous if you don’t know what you are doing
- You could make the problem worse instead of fixing it
- You may never really know if the problem has been fixed or simply “patched” for the time being
With this in mind, you may begin to consider the benefits of requesting a free service quote. Here are the advantages of this option:
- It doesn’t cost you a dime to have somebody come to your home and provide you with a quote for service
- You can ask questions pertaining to the problem as well as your garage door in general, knowing that you are going to receive a thorough and accurate answer
- When the job is complete, you know that the problem has been solved in the best way possible
Every year, thousands of people throughout the world are injured as they attempt to repair their garage door. Unfortunately, some people make a poor decision that results in their death.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, every year there are roughly 20,000 injuries in the garage in the United States alone. This does not consider garage related injuries and deaths in other parts of the world. Even more alarming is the fact that this number has remained steady for the past 10 years, meaning that safety standards and homeowner knowledge is not improving.
There is no good reason to attempt your own repair when you can request a free service quote. Even if you don’t end up moving forward with the repair, at least you know the cost of the job and what it entails.
It only takes a few minutes to request a quote and meet with a professional repairman. Why would you do anything else?