When shopping for a garage door opener, you are going to have a lot on your mind. From price to security to features, there are many details to consider. While you have to make the final decision, as long as you are focused on the best companies in the industry you can never go wrong.
Before we go any further, it is important to note that both Genie garage door opener and Liftmaster garage door opener have quite a bit to offer. Both of these companies are the “cream of the crop.”
If you have any questions or concerns, you can always contact a local garage door installation company. This will go a long way in helping you get the information you need to make an informed decision. Not to mention the fact that you will have somebody who can install the opener for you.
There are five areas to focus on as you compare Genie and Liftmaster garage door openers:
1. Safety. Both companies excel in this area. Genie relies on its Safe-T-Beam system while Liftmaster has The Protector System. With both, you and your family are going to be safe at all times.
2. Security. This should be high on your list as you compare the two companies. The Genie garage door opener uses Intellicode technology that automatically changes your access code with each push of the remote button. Liftmaster, on the other hand, has a similar technology known as Patented Security +.
3. Price. Generally speaking, the price for both is relatively the same when comparing similar models. In other words, you are not going to save a lot of money by choosing one over the other.
4. Reliability. When you first purchase a garage door opener you are going to enjoy the features and performance – then you are going to forget about everything. At that point, you have to be confident that your system will be reliable and durable for many years to come. Both Liftmaster garage door opener and Genie have a good reputation for providing high quality, reliable products. With that in mind, Liftmaster has the better reputation for reliability.
5. Features. Both companies offer similar features, starting with the types of remote controls and wall panel. If you are looking for additional features, the Liftmaster brand takes the cake. Genie is the more “basic” of the two companies.
You cannot go wrong with a garage door opener from either company. Both Genie and Liftmaster have a good reputation for safety, security, and reliability.