Are you in the process of updating your garage doors? If so, you know that this is a good idea for a variety of reasons.
In addition to the improved appearance, your new garage doors are sure to make your home more energy efficient. Along with this, adding new openers can make for a quieter operation.
Perhaps most important is the fact that new garage doors will add value to your home.
While there is nothing wrong with tackling one project at a time, you don’t want to overlook others that could add just as much value to your property.
Here are several projects to consider:
1. Windows. With new windows, you are increasing the value of your home while also making it more energy efficient. With this, you can expect to pay less money every month on your heating and cooling bills.
2. Kitchen. Let’s face it: kitchens go a long way in selling homes. If you update your kitchen you are adding value to your property, without question. This holds true even if you don’t complete an entire overhaul, and instead focus on several key areas of upgrade.
3. Flooring. No matter how nice your home may be, if you don’t have high quality flooring it is going to drag down the value of your property. From hardwood to ceramic tile to carpet, you need to consider all your options and then freshen up your home.
4. Paint. Even if you change nothing else in your home, altering the paint color can go a long way in giving each and every room a fresh look and feel.
Tip: if you are going to be selling your home in the near future, stick with neutral paint colors. This is what buyers are looking for.
5. HVAC system. Is your air conditioner in need of repair? Is your furnace neglecting to keep you warm during the winter months? If your HVAC system is on its last leg, you should consider an upgrade without delay. Along with keeping you comfortable, this can definitely increase the value of your home.
As your new garage doors are installed, begin to think about other upgrades that could add value to your property. If you don’t know where to start, the five options above are sure to put you on the right track.
Be patient, select your home improvement projects carefully, and enjoy the end result!