Even if you have new garage doors, things can go wrong from time to time. Fortunately, you can protect against some of the most common problems with a little bit of preventative maintenance.
There are two ways to accomplish this:
- Learn as much as you personally can about preventative maintenance so you can do a lot of it yourself
- Call a professional to your home two times per year to ensure that everything is working properly and is in good condition
Either way, preventative maintenance is not something you should overlook. While it is going to cost you a little bit of money here and there, it will save you quite a bit in the long run.
A couple of dollars spent on preventative maintenance could save you thousands on new doors and openers in the future. How does that tradeoff sound to you?
Here are three tips to consider:
1. Check for missing parts. If even one screw goes missing it could effect the overall performance of your door.
2. Grease the tracks. This will ensure that your garage door continues to go up and down in a smooth and efficient manner, without putting any unnecessary stress on the system.
3. Balance the door. For most people, this is a job better left to the professionals. It is also a job that you should think about once per year.
With these three preventative maintenance tips guiding you, it will be much easier to keep your garage doors in good working condition for many years to come.