Are you having issues with your garage door? If so, you may be tempted to work on the problem yourself. Unless you are 100 percent sure of what you are doing, you should evacuate the area and immediately call a professional repair company. Every year, thousands of people are injured in garage door related accidents – some of these injuries are quite serious.
When you call a garage door repair company, you will receive all of the following:
- Professional assistance in solving your problem in a safe and secure manner
- Assurance that your door is now in good working condition and will not pose a safety hazard
- Advice on how to avoid similar issues in the future
Common Garage Door Problems
When you hire a repair company, it is safe to say that the serviceman has seen your problem in the past. Simply put, most garage door related issues are quite common. In other words, you are not the only one who has faced the problem.
- The garage door will not open or close
- The garage door sticks when opening or closing
- The garage door opener no longer works
- The garage door will not close all the way
- The garage door reverses upon hitting the floor
- The garage door opens but the motor will not stop running
This is just a small sampling of the most common garage door problems.
What to Tell your Repair Company
When you call a repair company for service, you should offer as much information as possible. In addition to answering any questions that are asked of you, supply the following details:
- The type of problem and whether it is a regular occurrence
- Anything you can visually see that is out of place
- Whether or not you did anything to cause the problem
If your garage door is in need of repair – regardless of the problem – call an experienced repair service to your home. You will not regret this decision.